• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropbox and Creative Suite files

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in an in-house Marketing Team of about 20 people. The designers, working with Creative Suite files, have been using Dropbox for file storage and integration. Does anyone know of another cloud storage solution where files like InDesign can be stored, opened, edited and then saved directly from/to said cloud storage? (Our company used OneDrive as an enterprise storage solution, but it does not play nice with most Creative Suite apps.) Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. Is there a specific reason why you want to "drop" Dropbox?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not necessarliy dropping Dropbox. Just exploring all solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OneDrive most certainly "plays nice" with these files.

I must ask though, you say you're using Creative Suite which was discontinued with CS6, eight years ago. Are you referring to Creative Cloud applications and what do you mean by not playing nice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm referring to Creative Cloud. What I mean by 'playing nice' is that, with files like InDesign, you cannot simply open, edit and save directly to OneDrive, in my experience (when you save the file, it to downloads on my hard drive). If someone knows how to make this work, I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how all of these services work.

You sync to your harddrive but make sure you do not have smart sync turned on for this or Dropbox or you'll have problems with InDesign timing out with files that are "cloud-only."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CC subscription also includes a cloud sync’ing and collaboration feature. When you install CC a Creative Cloud Files folder gets installed at the root of your computer’s user folder. Any files added to that folder sync to your Adobe cloud server, and any collaborators’ Creative Clould Files folders. A regular subscription includes 1TB of cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your cc subscription give you cloude storage, you can have folders sync to your local machine just like dropbox. why don't you start with what you already have available and paying for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please let us know so that we can assist you further. 

Else please confirm if any of the suggestions above helped. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines