• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropbox is deleting InDesign files

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there are problem between DB and InDesign? They show as being deleted yesterday 6/15 at 3:41. I am able to restore deleted files, but still.

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to say that InDesign files show as being deleted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time it happens? Are there others with access to the files? Are you the only one working with the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experienced a serious problem with dropbox on macOS Big Sur: not only with InDesign files.

It somehow related to the new feature: backup desktop, documents, downloads folders.

Despite the fact, I don't want to use it, turned off all three checkboxes, but dropbox thinks another way and moves all files from my documents folder to the cloud so I can access them only via the web interface.

See this video.

My solution: I don't use dropbox on mac anymore.

It used to be the best cloud storage. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines