• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dynamic sections - deleting sections

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document with many sections. How can I delete all the sections at once?

I used the excellent LFC script in order to create sections based on paragraph style but as the editors keep adding text things move around quite a bit and the sections don't seem to shift. Still, it's a lot better to be able to do it based on the style than having to define designated pages by hand. Is there a better way to do dynamic sections that I don't know about?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

My (not free) Sections Stuff script is more fully featured, and will update document sections (including deleting existing ones if necessary) as things move around. More info here: https://www.id-extras.com/products/sections-stuff/

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My (not free) Sections Stuff script is more fully featured, and will update document sections (including deleting existing ones if necessary) as things move around. More info here: https://www.id-extras.com/products/sections-stuff/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TaW

thanks - great help - your script does the job! I am working on several complex historical essay books which contain different footnote styles. Do you happen to have a script which allows for definition of different footnote rules per section? ( ex. for section1 start footnote at 1 every page and section2 with contiuous numbering). At the moment I'd need to split the document (approx 20 essays per book) to accommodate various footnote styles as only one footnote style can be applied globally in Indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines