• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit library elements

Advisor ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I place a library vector element by right clicking in the library panel and then choose "place linked" I get a small cloud icon attached to the vector container, I also get the right click contectual menu option "Edit with" and "Edit original" if I wanna edit that library element. However when I open that vector object in illustrator via "Edit with" and for instance change the color, it also takes effect in the original library element, that's not what I wanted. I tought that was supposed to occur only if I chose "Edit original"? However a global change occurs on both options. When I open the library element via right click and the option"place copy" I don't get the option to open and edit that object via the right click contextual menu at all. The "Edit with" and "Edit original" options are both gone.

I also wonder how it works to add CC library elements to an InDesign project in conjuction with the link system. Since the elements are not placed in an asset folder in the project folders, won't that potentially mess up the linkage?!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?