• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit picture with...

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question. Why can't I open a picture in Photoshop while editing JPG? InDesign offers me for editing Firefox or Illustrator, which is created for vector images. But what about Photoshop? This is very absurd and makes me angry. Because I need to open "other" and find the path to .exe Photoshop.img-2020-09-17-21-48-31.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

it needs to be a photoshop file for you to open it in photoshop.  

Its is not absurb because your OS is set up to open .jpg with a different application. Look at your file association. if you want to open all .jpg files in photoshop change it and apply it to all files in your system..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it needs to be a photoshop file for you to open it in photoshop.  

Its is not absurb because your OS is set up to open .jpg with a different application. Look at your file association. if you want to open all .jpg files in photoshop change it and apply it to all files in your system..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then why is there a default illustrator in the list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know. maybe somebody here knows that answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. Now it works. But I think we should add Photoshop to this list by default. If you want to edit images, it makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make your voice heard:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Makes sense to you with your workflow/style or working, yes.

You are working destructively which is the opposite of what photoshop is about. Photoshop is about making as many changes as possible keeping things all editable and in layers with the original image intact.   Last, you are cheating yourself of the ability to have the .psd file you can edit further, and with the original to fall back on in your layers.

Your choice how you want to work. I advice you convert image to .jpg, make your color adjustments layers, save it as .psd and place that in the layout. you will have your adjustment layers, the original all in one file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines