• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit with > Photoshop?

Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated from 2018 to 2019 across indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.

Before i could right click an image, Edit with > Photoshop / Illustrator

Now i get this;

I've asked this question before and know one seemed to have a clue on how you actually specify these option, as previously my work PC would have all the desired options (PS,Ai etc) but my home PC would have similar options to the above (Minus Ai).

Any help on getting Photoshop back on here, I've tried "Other..." then opened PS which works in terms of opening the image but doesn't save it on this menu even though, as mentioned, it used to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

On my Macintosh, it appears that what appear in the Edit With menu is pulled from the Macintosh Finder's list of apps that claim they can open the particular type of file. (I'm not a Windows user but I'm guessing it may be the same there.)

When I select a JPEG file in the Mac Finder, here is the list of Open With choices:

InDesign.png

Within InDesign when I select a JPEG file, here's the list of Edit With choices:

Finder.png

So then, since you're a Windows user, you need how to find how to edit the list in WINDOWS, not in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Macintosh, it appears that what appear in the Edit With menu is pulled from the Macintosh Finder's list of apps that claim they can open the particular type of file. (I'm not a Windows user but I'm guessing it may be the same there.)

When I select a JPEG file in the Mac Finder, here is the list of Open With choices:

InDesign.png

Within InDesign when I select a JPEG file, here's the list of Edit With choices:

Finder.png

So then, since you're a Windows user, you need how to find how to edit the list in WINDOWS, not in InDesign. Can't help you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're absolutely correct! I've just followed the above, found Photoshop, gone back into Indesign and sure enough Photoshop now appears!

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines