Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editable InDesign file for customer

Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I have designed a resume for a client and want to know how I can give this to her to be able to edit it freely and update her resume. I have tried exporting the layout and bringing in the design as a PNG background in Word. But word is stupid! Maybe there is another software that can do this?

Please help! Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She could use InCopy to edit the content, but you will need to set it up so that she can check out the content, edit it and check in back in. You will still be involved. If she doesn't have a CC subscription, it's about US$5 per month.

Otherwise, she will need InDesign to edit an InDesign file. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best way would be to save a copy of the InDesign file and keep it handy to change it as your client needs it.

The following link is a really good primer on getting started with generating quality résumés with InDesign. Even if you don't like the style of résumé used for the tutorial, the lessons learned will help you create a killer résumé for your client.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/creative-resume-design.html

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines