• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing PDFs in INDD CC 2021?

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a recommended program or plug in that will allow me to edit text,  layouts, etc. in INDD CC 2021? I know I can edit the pdfs in Adobe Acrobat but it's not as easy or desirable as INDD. Thank you! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

I ended up purchasing Markzware PDF2DTP and I like it! For the most part it works great for my needs. Thanks everyone for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob! Yes, I'd love the original indd file but the client does not have it. Have you used either of these products? The Markzware looks good... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have not and the results of either will depend on the original document.

The other thing you can try is save the PDF as a Word file and place that into InDesign. It's going to need work but again, it will depend on the document.

How large is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea to try the Word file, I did and it's not a great result. The pdfs are only 1-4 pages but I have several of them to update to a new brand standard (fonts & colors). So looks like I'll try one of the plug ins you mentioned.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have used it, you will have work to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one did you use Jonathan Arias?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i used the .pdf to indesign converter.

I had the following work after the converstion: re-created: master pages (page numbers), all styles and layers, all of the graphics are compressed to the resolution of the .pdf so several graphics i had to redo or find new ones.

It was just so much easier to start from scratch for me. never used it again.

But that was my experience, try it, see what you think.  its free to try it. curious what your opinion of the product would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up purchasing Markzware PDF2DTP and I like it! For the most part it works great for my needs. Thanks everyone for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines