• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding excel into indesign - table styles

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, Do you know of anyway that you can set your linked tables (From excel) to automaticlly update with table styles already created (file provided as different sheets in 1 excel doc, so one change on one sheet updates all my tables). Working on a document with 30+ tables and not wanting to apply settings to all each time. Thanks in advance. G

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you updating using the Links panel to update all? There are several slightly different ways to do this, but Option + double-click a yellow triangle in the Links panel is one way. (Alt if you are on Windows)

Is that what you are asking or something else?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am but when I click the the yellow triangle all my formatting disapears... I can quickly apply the table style, etc again, but to do this each time in all the tables each time, will be rather time consuming, and things are likely to be missed (I expect there to be a lot of amends, there always is with this job). I think the problem is the tables are all in the same excel document... no way around this, my accounts team say the sheets are all connected and they can not provide seperated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you place the Excel file, place it as an unformatted table and apply the table style at that time. Going forward any applied styles should be fine for the most part when you update the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines