• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding HTML into Interactive PDF (Indesign)

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Currently, in my company, we produce magazine-style reports and export them in interactive PDFs. With a very editorial-like visual, we work with static datavisualization, infographics and charts, but I'm looking for a way to present this data with animation.

We found a website that export these infographics animated with a HTML/JavaScript file, even hosted.

So my question is:

Is there anyway to embed this HTML code into my InDesign file, still exporting an Interactive PDF?

If not, what's the best way to export a "report/magazine" style of material, with different pages of information, but fully digital, that enables interactivity and can be opened by anyone much like the PDF is.

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Publish online , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about Publish Online. You can use all of InDesign's interactive features as well as embed HTML. Here are some great examples: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this: No, HTML can not be displayed in (i)PDF, no way to make that work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback Diane!

But I still wasn't able to make embedded HTML works as properly.

Where can I find some tutorial about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you send a link to the code, and the describe in more detail the effect you are trying to achieve with it? If I understand correctly, this HTML animates an object (infographic) in a particular way? It might be helpful to see exactly what you're working with and trying to accomplish, and allow all on this thread to help figure out a solution. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines