Highlighted

embedding video in InDesign to display in .pdf

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to embed video into InDesign, export as Interactive .pdf and watch the embedded video in .pdf brochure.  I understand that .pdf no longer supports Flash player.  I can still embed video H.264 however when I export to Interactive .pdf, the .pdf document says it does not support flash player.

H.264 isn't Flash.

Can this still be done and if so how?  Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Use FXL ePub or InDesign's Publish Online instead (or put a hyperlink in your PDF to a YouTube, or smiliar, video)

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

embedding video in InDesign to display in .pdf

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to embed video into InDesign, export as Interactive .pdf and watch the embedded video in .pdf brochure.  I understand that .pdf no longer supports Flash player.  I can still embed video H.264 however when I export to Interactive .pdf, the .pdf document says it does not support flash player.

H.264 isn't Flash.

Can this still be done and if so how?  Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Use FXL ePub or InDesign's Publish Online instead (or put a hyperlink in your PDF to a YouTube, or smiliar, video)

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video in interactive PDF depends on Flash. Give it up; that technology is dead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob.  That's a bummer.  Was such a great feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Derek,  I am not familiar with FXL ePub or InDesign's publishing online and will look into it.  I would like to be able to send brochures like I used to do with .pdf to clients with an embedded video.  Anyone can open a .pdf, hopefully that will be the case with your suggestions.  Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, the InDesign Publish Online is fatnastic!  How many documents can you add to the dashboard.  I cannot find that info anywhere?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 1