• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embeding MP4 video into a PDF created from InDesign

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed the Movie and Sounds support doc, but I can't get the MP4 to play automatically in the PDF. It plays fine in the InDesign Media player. Help!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

You will need to add the video in Acrobat using the media tool.

Although you can add video into a PDF, there are a number of issues that may prevent the video from playing properly. And, you may want to consider a different method and format to present this document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to add the video in Acrobat using the media tool.

Although you can add video into a PDF, there are a number of issues that may prevent the video from playing properly. And, you may want to consider a different method and format to present this document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like the problem is unsolvable. I tried to load the mp4 file and I tried Placing through Vimeo. And, yes, the video played the mo4 file and was in good shape. But it would not play in the PDF. I placed a Hyperlink to the video on vimeo. But the only code that would work is the download from vimeo. Disappointing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction, the MP4 file played well in the Media panel of InDesign. But not on the page or in the PDF. I will take your suggestion and use Acrobat to load the video in InDesign. Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem also. Mp4 Video works in InDesign Preview but does not work in the Interactive PDF. I get a weird video showing a sound wave. I did uninstall, restarted computer and reinstalled. It worked inially, but problem returned.

Acrobat prob.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW, I did add the video in Acrobat and had the same problem. The PDF does work on other computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines