Highlighted

Ended up with two sets of endnotes

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a long document with 530 pages and almost 1000 endnotes. Everything is okay . . . except I have ended up with 837 endnotes, then a whole new set of 25 endnotes starting numbering all over again.

I have tried going to the note insertion point, making a new endnote and it ends up in the short page of endnotes. I have tried to copy the reference from the endnotes, then eliminating the reference and reinserting it. Same thing happens. I need these 25 endnotes to fold into the rest of the endnotes and I am really frustrated!  \

Any suggestions?  Please!

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Ended up with two sets of endnotes

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a long document with 530 pages and almost 1000 endnotes. Everything is okay . . . except I have ended up with 837 endnotes, then a whole new set of 25 endnotes starting numbering all over again.

I have tried going to the note insertion point, making a new endnote and it ends up in the short page of endnotes. I have tried to copy the reference from the endnotes, then eliminating the reference and reinserting it. Same thing happens. I need these 25 endnotes to fold into the rest of the endnotes and I am really frustrated!  \

Any suggestions?  Please!

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe those 25 endnotes are in the other story of your document and in the Endnotes Options is chosen "Restart Every Story"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0