• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endnotes and epub

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update of Indesign (15.1.2) it freezes completely when I export documents with endnotes to epub2.

If I convert endnotes to footnotes, all is fine, - but I can't live with that solution.

Anybody have the same problem, and maybe a solution?

DagB

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the issue with your footnotes, but you should be exporting to ePub 3.0.

Have you tried validating your ePub to see if it notes any issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Epub3 is not an issue with many of the books I produce, and since Indesign freezes before the export is done, I can't do any validation either ...

... and the export worked fine until the last upfdate on Indesign.

DagB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be some kind of corruption in the document. I suggest you half it and test to see if you can isolate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just one document, - it's all documents with end-notes, four different books. And it worked fine before the update ...

DagB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you'd better revert to the earlier version of Indesign  (and use ePub 3.0!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, - until Adobe fixes the problem, it might be the solution. Epub3 is not. For straight text books, there is no reason to buy font liceses if you don't have to (as you do in epub3).

DaGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Adobe fonts are licenced for ePub as part of the Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, but I work with documents from many designers, and not all of them uses only Adobe CC fonts ...

So I'm back to where I started, the last update created this problem.

DagB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds a dodgy workflow. Try using system fonts and selecting ePub 3.0 and see if that makes any difference.

It might also  be worth investing in a month's worth of the terific validator, Flightdesck,  to see if you can isolate the issue:  https://ebookflightdeck.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, EPUB3 is NOT an alternative (and if it was, - have you ever tried to get a graphic designer to change their use of fonts on a job?) ... and using the validator presumes that you have created an epub-file, which is the problem, - I can't get any epub out of Indesign. I am, of course, using an validator (EPUB-Checker) before I send to publishing.

DagB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I mentioned it. Bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines