• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endnotes are missing after converting Footnotes to Endnotes in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i have serious troubles with converting footnotes to endnotes in a document in indesign. after placing a text from a word doc, footnotes are displayed correctly, i want to convert them to endnotes for design reasons. it does then convert "something" i.e. the footnotes at bottom of textframe dissapear, the little numbers in the text stay, but are getting a different number (like 1 becomes 17!?) then the endnotes are nowhere to find, not at the end of the document on a new page/new frame and nowhere else. i have several multi page texts in the document. when i convert i only do for the selection / one text, not the whole document. it worked once, for one text in the document, but not after anymore for other texts. clueless at this point. did anyone experience and solve this? thank you!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You may check out this helpx article (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/endnotes.html) we have created regarding Endnotes & Footnotes. It may help you resolve your issue. If not, then I suggest creating a new InDesign document and creating one footnote without placing it from a word document in InDesign. Then convert it to endnote and see if you get the desired result. If you get the desired result, then will it be possible for you to share the file with us? If yes, you can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. We can check it at our end.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines