Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endnotes at the end of each chapter

Participant ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to get endnote numbering to restart after each chapter. 

Firstly it all seems to stay on one page; when I try to move them to the page after the next chapter it still adds to the first chapter endnotes and continues the numbering instead of starting at number 1 again.

Is there a workaround for this? Looking at the previous threads it looks like its been a problem for a while.

I tried copy and pasting the endnotes to a separate text box to then paste into the document but then there is no link to the endnote number. All I want is to have the endnotes start from number one at the end of the each chapter. How would you do this? The create a story option seems problematic and possibly suited only to a few pages and not book chapters that run on.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Endnotes are not an InDesign facility I use myself, but have a look at the Endnote Options dialogue box – there appears to be some Start at numbering options there: Type > Document Endnote Options

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Endnotes are not an InDesign facility I use myself, but have a look at the Endnote Options dialogue box – there appears to be some Start at numbering options there: Type > Document Endnote Options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I think I’m going to put them in manually. I can’t control the endnotes at all this way. And I don’t really understand it either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines