• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endnotes creating indesign crash?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I'm working on a book project and every time I place a word doc in a text box (instead of copying and pasting, to keep formatting and footnotes), InDesign crashes immediately. I have the most up to date version from creative cloud. It's completely stopping my ability to do anything at all. HELP> 

I accidentally marked this answered correctly, and now I can't undo that. I'm thinking this has something to do with endnotes. They seem to be the problem. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be something in the word doc.

Try copying the text in the word doc to a new document in Word. 

If that doesn't work. 

Try copying parts of the Word doc to a new document - for instance copy page 1 of the word doc to a new word doc. 

Try placing that, if that works, then try copying all of the next page etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Right now I can't even DELETE the offending endnotes in my indesign document. I delete all the text from that section, and the endnotes are still there. I go to delete the endnotes -- the text box, the content, even the whole page -- and the program crashes. I can't even get back to the place before I had the problem so I can work on an alternative solution. Any chance someone could call me and walk me through some help here??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines