Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enforce 100% zoom when opening pdf-file

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2011 Nov 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is it possible to generate a pdf-file from InDesign (CS5.5) that will be opened in a pdf-viewer (such as Acrobat) with a zoom of 100% (1:1) - independant from the settings of the viewer ?

I have a very narrow document (105mm x 420mm) and I don't want the 105mm to be streched over the whole screen of the reader...

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

It is completely possible. In Acrobat Pro open the file, go to Properties, then the Initial View tab. Set the zoom to 100% and save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat can do that; pull up it's Properties, view tab, Initial View. Be advised, if you have Acrobat's Prefs set to the default, it will remeber the Last Used View Setting for documents. Turn that Pref off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I know, that I can do this in Acrobat (on my computer) but I am looking for a possibility, that other persons who open my document will see it in 100%. As it is very narrow otherwise it will be diplayed with about 400% (with automatic zoom setting).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can force it to open at 100% on any computer running Reader (not sure other viewers would respect that), but you can't force other users to keep it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like the solution; I want the document to be opende with 100%; afterwards the user is allowed to zoom as he wants....

But how do I force to open at 100% ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do what Daniel said, open it in Adobe Acrobat, then open the Properties (File>Properties), then open the View (Initial View?) tab, and set it to 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to apply the settings in Adobe Acrobat (on my computers) but I want the document to be opend in 100% on any other person who opens it (without editing settings on their computer).

It seems, that this is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is completely possible. In Acrobat Pro open the file, go to Properties, then the Initial View tab. Set the zoom to 100% and save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! It works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines