• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

English and Arabic version at same time

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently editing some brochures and putting in Arabic text, so using the ME version of InDesign.

However, to use this, I can't have the International (English) version at the same time.

I'm constantly uninstalling the ME version and then opening the International version - it won't let me have both on the system at the same time running side by side.

Using Windows 10 - fully up to date on everything.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Hi Eugene,

Sorry about this trouble. As of now, it's not possible to keep the same versions with different languages. As a workaround, I have kept 2020 in English International and 2019 in ME for testing purpose. This works pretty well for me. 

I will pass on your feedback to the Product team and you could do that by sharing it on our UserVoice page (https://indesign.uservoice.com/) and share the link here so that other users can also upvote that.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 14.0.3 in Windows 10 - to be very honest I don't know I don't know which version I have  - when I click on Help it just shows the version Number.

I am currently displaying a German / Arabic travel dictionary which I helped to correct.

On the same version I have been created 4 English travel  books with no problems totally by scripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - that's not what I'm talking about.

I have CC and have to switch languages in the Creative Cloud App to access the ME version of InDesign - to have this installed it is removing my International version.

I have to uninstall the ME version - and then run the update on the International version to get back to where I was. This is all done in the CC App - and it's constantly installing and uninstalling.

I would like to have both Int and ME version installed and run side by side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just discovered that I am using an M.E. version (but with English Menus).

I have two versions of M.E. installed on my machine so it is possible to have two Indesigns on the same machine but from what you say you cannot have two different language versions.

As I have been using the M.E. for International English and German for nearly three years without

problems I am wondering what you cannot do in the M.E. version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because we have other team members and they have the International version installed. And any time they open my documents created ME language version they have to be converted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene,

Sorry about this trouble. As of now, it's not possible to keep the same versions with different languages. As a workaround, I have kept 2020 in English International and 2019 in ME for testing purpose. This works pretty well for me. 

I will pass on your feedback to the Product team and you could do that by sharing it on our UserVoice page (https://indesign.uservoice.com/) and share the link here so that other users can also upvote that.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Srishti - I appreciate you taking the time to come back to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines