EPF not found alert - Indesign

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using indesign cc and when I open the app it says "EPF NOT FOUND" and thats it. I cant use it.
I tried uninstall it, and shut down my computer but nothing work.

Please help me,
Best,
Zoé
Capture d’écran 2018-09-27 à 15.19.15.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

EPF not found alert - Indesign

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using indesign cc and when I open the app it says "EPF NOT FOUND" and thats it. I cant use it.
I tried uninstall it, and shut down my computer but nothing work.

Please help me,
Best,
Zoé
Capture d’écran 2018-09-27 à 15.19.15.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit more information could be helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any font management plugins? Try removing any third party plugins from /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2018/Plug-Ins

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2018 1
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method worked for me. I had installed a trial verions of Extensis and leftover plug-ins caused the issue. 

• Close all Adobe applications
  • Locate and remove the previous versions of the Extensis plug-ins from the following location(s):
    • Application/[Adobe Application Name]/Plug-ins/Extensions/ExtensisFont....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Had the same error show up and though it didn't affect launching and using Photoshop was still a nusance.

I got rid of Suitcase/Fusion and replaced it with Typeface 2. Had some left over associated files from Extensis and when I got rid of them per your instructions, the error was gone! Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! I had a same problem with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
I removed the third party plugins, they started successfully!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0
allolise LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Milles mercis ! (Many thanks!)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An old thread I found said this is the result of a missing font auto-activation plug-in. If you are using a font management utility make sure that it is installed correctly. If it is installed correctly then check the font management's Plug-in manager to confirm that the correct InDesign plug-in is activated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2018 1
Enthusiast ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to try any of the suggestions given? Did InDesign start working for you at all?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2018 1