Highlighted

Epub Chapter Numbers in TOC in Kindle

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is the first time that I've had to make an ePub in InDesign. I normally do print books. 

I've made a fixed Epub but the chapter numbers haven't pulled through in the TOC in the Kindle viewer. They all seem to be Chapter 6. How do I reinstate the different chapter numbers?

Also (I don't have a Kindle or used one) does the Contents page in the book need to be clickable so it goes to the correct page? Would that only work if you had used TOC in the Indesign file?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Epub Chapter Numbers in TOC in Kindle

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is the first time that I've had to make an ePub in InDesign. I normally do print books. 

I've made a fixed Epub but the chapter numbers haven't pulled through in the TOC in the Kindle viewer. They all seem to be Chapter 6. How do I reinstate the different chapter numbers?

Also (I don't have a Kindle or used one) does the Contents page in the book need to be clickable so it goes to the correct page? Would that only work if you had used TOC in the Indesign file?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within your paragraph style for your chapter numbers, what have you set under Export Tagging? What have you setup for Bullets and Numbering? You might have to convert the numbering to manual text (Type > Bulleted and Numbered Lists > Convert Bullets and Numbering to Text) as a work-around.

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0