• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPUB document, blend attribute of object not turning out as expected.

Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and grey circle icon object sitting over an animated image. The object has "multiple" blend setting (because I want some if the BG image to show through), but it shows simply as opaque when I publish the EPUB. 

Anyway to have a transparent object over an animated background?

https://indd.adobe.com/view/5beda8cb-15b7-40cf-a863-01463c9d6d1e

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the a Publish Online document or an ePub and, if so, a Reflowable ePub or FXL ePub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure on those questions. Can you tell by looking at the document I've posted?

The answer I really need, is can I have an object with blend settings over an animated background image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following doesn't directly address your problem, but…

• Could you lower the opacity of the top object if blend modes aren't working for you?
  • Could you burn the floating graphic into your animated image using a program like Photoshop or After Effects. That way you would be placing a single and complete graphic into InDesign as opposed to two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The opacity setting does work. Not quite the same effect, but good enough. Thanks. I'd still like to know why the blend settings don't seem to come through in the final document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi bobtern,

another thought:

Could you do a second animation of a duplicate of the animated background inside the circle icon?

Both animations should go in tandem. The animated background inside the circle icon should come with a darker color that simulates the "multiply" effect.

Did not test this but should be worth a try.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines