• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPUB Endnotes Link to Wrong Page

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign CC 2019 on a 2016 MacBook Pro running OS 10.13.6 and I'm having a problem when I export an EPUB file of a book I designed. This book contains endnotes and in the InDesign document when I check the endnote reference it looks correct. I also looked in Story Editor to check for anything weird, but it appears to look correct there too (as far as I can tell):

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 6.42.36 PM.png

However, when I test in iBooks none of them go to the correct reference. They go to the same random page in chapter 11. When I click from where the references are in the text those all send me to the first page. I've also exported in both 2.1 and 3.0 with the neither making a difference.

The problem was detected when we tried to send to the publisher and received this error message for almost all of the endnotes (e.g. endnote-001, 002, and so on:

[ERROR]OEBPS/Trilogy_Hamilton_EPUB.xhtml: 53,1443: 'endnote-001': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Trilogy_Hamilton_EPUB.xhtml'

The only other error message that's different is this one:

[ERROR]could not parse OEBPS/Trilogy_Hamilton_EPUB-18.xhtml: duplicate id: endnote-000

I've never seen this before in any of the EPUB files I've exported, I've Googled quite a bit with no luck, and I can't think of anything else. Some sites seem to suggest a bug, but I really have no idea. What else can I try?

Thank you.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also faceing same problem. did you solve the problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines