• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPUB export crashes when text anchors/hyperlinks are in document

Contributor ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I posted about endnotes not back-linking from exported pdf files as they do in Epub exports:

Solved: Re: exported pdf hyperlinks to endnotes not workin... - Page 2 - Adobe Support Community - 1...

Until this is implemented as a feature, the work-around I have been using is to manually define text anchors for the notes-in-text, then hyperlink them back from the end-note page.

I've discovered that when I do define text anchors and hyperlinks in this way in an indesign document, the Epub export fails. When I say it fails, what I mean is that Indesign freezes during export and has to be shut down manually via Task Manager (in Windows 10).

I'm wondering if this might be due to the manually created hyperlink conflicting with the automatically generated hyperlink from the epub export process.

However, I would expect an error message or warning of some sort rather than a complete crash of the program.

It would be intersting to know if anyone else has encountered this problem or can offer a solution?

It's not a huge issue since I can always leave out the hyperlinks until I need to specifically create a back-linked pdf, then create a copy of the original indesign document for the specific purpose of exporting a pdf version. Still, it seems a cumbersome way of going about things!

<br>
~ David Sweeney-Bear ~
TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Hi David,

for the endnotes problem not backlinking with PDF Export I discovered some reasons. A serious bug, I think.

Maybe the same applies to exported EPUB.

All the details here at InDesign UserVoice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/42062446-text-formatting-can-break-backlinking-endnote-text

Please stop by and vote for fixing the issue.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

for the endnotes problem not backlinking with PDF Export I discovered some reasons. A serious bug, I think.

Maybe the same applies to exported EPUB.

All the details here at InDesign UserVoice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/42062446-text-formattin...

Please stop by and vote for fixing the issue.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Uwe, I have added a comment on UserVoice.

**EDIT** and a vote of course!

<br>
~ David Sweeney-Bear ~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines