Highlighted

ePub export error message: toc text anchor missing

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error message received during attempted export of four files comprising a book, to ePub...

TOC Text Anchor not found:1

TOC text anchor "_idTOCAnchor-22" in (then the entire file name for the location of that specific InDesign file on the C: drive).

The TOC text anchor error message is then repeated for numerous other locations...

This is the error message I receive when trying to Preview in Kindle Preview 3...

W30009: Epub navigation file does not follow the specification. Please refer to Kindle Publishing Guidelines about usage of EPUB3 Navigation support. Tag <a> should have value in file: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\1dd0c493-f403-4917-b149-c728ea164821\cTemp\mTemp\mbp_7E3_9_1C_D_23_29_1A_4930_1574_1\OEBPS\toc.xhtml line: 9

This has become a critical issue since this error message is the same for the other three files comprising a book that is being requested for posting on Kindle Direct Publishing.

In advance, many thanks for your suggestions...

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ePub export error message: toc text anchor missing

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error message received during attempted export of four files comprising a book, to ePub...

TOC Text Anchor not found:1

TOC text anchor "_idTOCAnchor-22" in (then the entire file name for the location of that specific InDesign file on the C: drive).

The TOC text anchor error message is then repeated for numerous other locations...

This is the error message I receive when trying to Preview in Kindle Preview 3...

W30009: Epub navigation file does not follow the specification. Please refer to Kindle Publishing Guidelines about usage of EPUB3 Navigation support. Tag <a> should have value in file: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\1dd0c493-f403-4917-b149-c728ea164821\cTemp\mTemp\mbp_7E3_9_1C_D_23_29_1A_4930_1574_1\OEBPS\toc.xhtml line: 9

This has become a critical issue since this error message is the same for the other three files comprising a book that is being requested for posting on Kindle Direct Publishing.

In advance, many thanks for your suggestions...

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see no one gave you any solution.

I have had same problem every time I export a new book and it takes forever to try to solve...and then suddenly it is solved without I know how. Problem is. I cant solve it next time. I searched for this problem numerous times and only suggestion I read is "remember to check -Make source anchor in source paragraph" which offcorse all people who had the problem did before asking online forums.

Im sitting with the same problem again..with a reflow epub I get this message:

TOC Text Anchor not found : 1

TOC text anchor "_idTOCAnchor-25" in.....

so when it say " 1 " it means it found all the others..but theres a problem with my chapter 22... I cant find what causing this. I tried reenter every chapter in articles panel...after I tried just having 1 textflow...then single chapters and then all the text again. I seriously spent several days on this and I have no solution. I tried to check all my LinkedIn courses for any solution, but there is none.

The problem is that the extern TOC is not working, all titles are listed, but they are not clickable.

I have tried to ecan crush it to find any mistake, but I can see nothing wrong. 

I hope someone have an explenation to what is causing this problem and how can I solve it.

The other problem I have is about embedding fonts... I dont understand why fonts from Typefont that are embedded will not show in Adobe Edition. Im trying to export another book as fixed layout and the text will not show properly. This has taken me several days to solve..and again..somtimes it works..but I dont understand why and now nothing works. I have been searching for other programs to use, but none can make reflow and fixed epub...it seems though that InDesign can not do it either... I did not start yesterday, I have worked with ID for years and Photoshop and Illustrator..only InDesign give such headaches, Im sorry to say.

Kind regards Helene

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0