Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPUB export losing spaces between some words

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to InDesign and EPUB creation so go easy on me for my lack of foundational knowledge. 

When I export my ebook to EPUB format, I am losing spaces between some words (but not all). For example, "fill it with" comes out as "fillitwith". I am using InDesign version 16.1.0.20 on a Mac. My font is Courier New. I checked the hidden characters and my spaces are shown there, but not in the EPUB conversion. Is my problem with my font selection? 

I tried changing my paragraph and character styles. I tried changing the font to something else that worked - but I would really prefer to keep my existing font. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Print , Publish online , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying the spaces are fine in some fonts, but not Courier New? If so, that certainly sounds like a font issue. Are you embedding the font?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What format is the font? Type 1 is unsupported and cannot be embedded. What EPUB reader are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines