• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Epub file exported as fixed layout comes out reflowable

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create an illustrated ebook and export it as a fixed layout epub, but every time I export it, even though I select the fixed layout option, the exported file is reflowable. I have tried different epub readers on Windows and Android and it's the same every time. What could be the problem here?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

I have found ADE to be garbage most of the time, especially when rendering text. Thorium is showing more promise. https://www.edrlab.org/software/thorium-reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of the export setting dialog?

and remember that fixed layout epubs only render correctly in the Books app on Mac/iPad or in Adobe Digital Editions on Windows. Most epub readers under Windows simply can not render FXL ePbs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found ADE to be garbage most of the time, especially when rendering text. Thorium is showing more promise. https://www.edrlab.org/software/thorium-reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree with Bob: Adobe Digital Editions is abysmally bad at rendering the FXL epubs from InDesign. Thorium works quite fine, in my experience. So far the only thing that seems to break are custom links between pages, which have to be fixed by adding an anchor tag in post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! I tried Thorium and it worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines