Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPUB file name truncation

Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I noticed that when converting from ID to EPUB, long file names of objects inside the ID document are truncated in the resulting html. Is there a setting I can select to avoid this?

This is for CS4.

Thanks.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

You need to update to the current version of InDesign; ePub wasn't implemented properly in InDesign until later versions. Try out with the trial version of the latest version of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update to the current version of InDesign; ePub wasn't implemented properly in InDesign until later versions. Try out with the trial version of the latest version of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek, I appreciate your response but it doesn't help, I'm afraid.

Perhaps someone could confirm if they also see this issue in CS4 or later versions if ID. And if they do, whether there is a way around it or if this is a limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does help. I recall telling this in another thread; CS4 is more than 12 years old. For print it's probably quite serviceable...for EPUB? You're pretty much on your own.

Why anyone would even attempt to create EPUBs with CS4 is a mystery you'll never explain to me. I find it hard to believe that anyone else is even attempting such a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob. I'm well aware that I can upgrade to the latest version of CC. There is no need to be constantly reminded of that option. The question is about CS4, and perhaps others may have experienced that issue and have found ways around it within CS4. That's what I would like to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Again, I'm trying to tell you that the chances of anyone else working with EPUB still being on CS4 is practically zero.

You can't possibly value your time very much if you'd rather work with CS4 than upgrade or move to some other software. It's insanity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines