• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Epub fixed format page sizes vary after export

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  Thanks for taking time to look at this.

When I export my document to a fixed format Epub, the Epub seems to include frames/images/text boxes that lay off the page in Indesign.  For example, if I have all pages the same size in Indesign, but on one page the frame I placed an image in overlaps the edge of the page into the grey area, the exported Epub will change that one page to be different dimensions than all the others.  This usually means one page of the ebook will have scroll bars, while the rest fit perfectly.

This seems odd because if I have images/frames that go off the page when I export to PDF/jpg/etc it keeps the page size the same and cuts off anything that spills off the page.  I'm converting Indesign print files for books into ebooks, and I have to adjust every frame/img/box/etc to lie within the page boundaries otherwise I get ebook pages that have scroll bars.  

Is there a setting I should be selecting to prevent this?  Suggestions?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your "Spread Control" set to (in the epub3 export dialog box)?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using Based on Document Setup.  My documents are all setup as single pages (not two page spreads). I just now tried the other options and these are the results:

Convert Spread to Landscape Page: This cuts out everything that's off the page, but it creates a two-page spread instead of the one page at a time 'spread' that I want.

Enable Synthetic Spreads: This creats a two page spread that has scroll bars on pages that have frames that go off page.

Disable Spreads: Creates one page 'spreads' like I want, but there are scroll bars on pages with frames that go off page.

So the Spread control doesn't seem to offer any relief unless I use a two page spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines