Highlighted

Epub not starting in Ibooks on Ipad

Explorer ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a strange problem. I have approximately 100 children books in epub format. They can all be used online and on ADE. They also wprk on Nac, but only 90 of them works on Ipad. Why? Have anybody experienced something similar. I have checked the InDesign files, but cannot see that anything is different from those working fine.

Thanks

Jan

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

My favourite ePub validator is Flightdeck:

https://ebookflightdeck.com

Topics

EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Epub not starting in Ibooks on Ipad

Explorer ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a strange problem. I have approximately 100 children books in epub format. They can all be used online and on ADE. They also wprk on Nac, but only 90 of them works on Ipad. Why? Have anybody experienced something similar. I have checked the InDesign files, but cannot see that anything is different from those working fine.

Thanks

Jan

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Derek Cross | Adobe Community Professional

Topics

EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening them in iBooks?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Ibooks is the program used on Ipad. When using Ibboks on Mac, the epub files work fine, but not on Ipad. Is there any difference between Ibooks on Mac and Ibooks on Ipad?

Thanks

Jan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You presumably created these epubs via InDesign – have they been successfully validated?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a good tip. I had not validated, but did it now and the files got validated.

Jan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines