Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPUB Validator error: absolute position

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,
Ran an epub through the beta validator, and I'm getting a number of those “absolute position” error messages, which I’ve corrected in the past in Sigil by finding the line and the position and changing “absolute" to “relative.” However, when I opened up the epub in Sigil, I can find the line but unable to find the position, I'm unable to locate it, even though I do a “find” in Sigil. I’m enclosing screenshots of my first error. Can anyone please help me locate the “position?”
Am I looking in the wrong place? Usually, it’s easy to find.
Thanks for all your continued help and I hope all of you and your loved ones are safe.
Carl
TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, the error is found in the generated CSS file – not the HTML...

So let's clear this up. For the rest, I'm absolutely safe and relatively fine. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ll find the idGeneratedStyles.css file, which is loaded into the .xhtml page, in the epub package:

Screen Shot 12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines