• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Equation Editor in Adobe InDesign

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do all Adobe Indesign products come with an in built mathematical equations editor, or do we have to add it.

I am looking to purchase InDesign CS6 as I still have Windows XP. But I am looking to upgrade. I jut wanted to get started for now with InDesign CS6 and wondered if it came with an equations editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

No version of InDesign comes with a mathematical equation editor. It has to be added as a third-party product.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No version of InDesign comes with a mathematical equation editor. It has to be added as a third-party product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot buy CS6 (you’ll have to subscribe to Creative Cloud) and no, there are no equation editors built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. I have in fact found a number of sellers of CS6. Adobe told me that this is possible for older versions, that is, you do not need to subscribe for some older versions. They have a re-sellers list. I am more concerned how I can get the add in, I assume I will be able to purchase it, but not sure what it costs for the add-in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Five versions of InDesign have come out since CS6, and Adobe has stopped selling CS6. Be careful about buying CS6 from "a number of sellers". There are a lot of pirated versions, and if you get one, you will wish you had not installed it.

Mathtype is the plug-in I have heard most people use. I just checked, and they say it works with CC 2017. I have not used it personally.

http://www.dessci.com/en/support/mathtype/works_with.asp#!target=indesign

Also, Microsoft stopped making security patches for Windows XP on April 8, 2014, so you are already running a risk.

Please take care!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank for all the advice regarding the Adobe situation and Mathtype. I have been investigating changing my PC in order that I can bring everything up to date and go for Adobe Indesign CC 2017. It is of course another cost and I have to consider that. I have had my Windows XP PC since 2006, and whilst I have never had a virus  or any security breach on my PC in all that time, I appreciate all you are saying about security. For me it is also about that no more updates are being given for Windows XP and a number of browsers do not support Windows XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines