• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error #18 publish online - InDesign CC Enterprise

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company just updated us from CC license to CC Enterprise. No major migrating issues, except this error when trying to publish online and not being able to do so.

An error occurred while uploading your document. Please try again.

Error #18

ID: 2e431420-2437-11e9-959b-f93c2f458858

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that Enterprise with managed services? If so, I don’t think Publish Online is included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Bob is correct, Publish Online is not available for Creative Cloud for Enterprise with Managed Services.

For more details please refer to this help article: Publish Online FAQ

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I'm having the exact same problem and I'm using CC Enterprise without managed services. I've been working on a project for the last two months now and the uploads have been fast and furious. However, this morning when I tried to upload the latest draft, I got: "An error occurred while uploading your document. Please try again. Error #18." (I literally just made some minor text/graphic tweaks.)

I logged out and back into InDesign, cleared my cache, rebooted...I even tried creating a simple one page document with one small image and still get the same results. And, looking back through the archives, this seems to be an ongoing issue with no resolutions -- since 2016!!!

Please tell me there is a simple fix for this sudden problem. I'm on a very tight deadline....

Thanks,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear about this. Please try the steps shared here: Upload error while publishing InDesign document and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

They didn't help at all (maybe due to the fact that they were published in 2015.)

For starters, I use a company-issued laptop that won't allow disabling anti-virus software (nor should it), and my proxy settings haven't changed, as I've managed to publish roughly 40 drafts of the report with absolutely no issues before yesterday. I also tried it on a different network and still have the same result.

What's disconcerting to me -- besides the fact that I am stopped cold on my project and missing my deadline -- is that this has been an unresolved among many users issue since 2015...I am trying to publish online and after 90% uploading i receive the message "An error occurred whil...

Anxiously awaiting a resolution,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

I would request you to please contact our support team at Contact Customer Care. That way we will be able to take a look into your system and assist you in the best possible way.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a problem with uploading when "Allow PDF download" was checked in the Publish Online dialog General Options. Can you disable this and see if it allows upload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

I've tried it with "Allow PDF download" checked and unchecked, but still no luck. Fortunately, today I was able to get in touch with Adobe support and they're looking into it. I'll let you know how it goes for future reference!

Thanks,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom did you hear back from them?  I am having the EXACT SAME issue and have tried everything on this page.  Any luck?  This is extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! I'm on the same page too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this error code and error code 14 for the last 5 days. The Adobe customer care people have taken me through the online troubleshooting steps multiple times and each time they've concluded the issue comes from Adobe's own servers. However no one is fixing the issue - and the call center will not put you through to a more qualified professional.  They've promised call backs - and emailed me specific hours these would happen - but they never come.

The company's customer service has so far been absolutely horrible. When you pay for a service and the service doesn't work, you would expect the company to try and solve the issue.  Not with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I figured out this issue... please see below

My initial problems where...

• An error occurred while uploading your document Error #18

• I have spoken to Adobe customer care and we went through various different ways of resolving the problem listed below…

• Checked malware and antivirus on computer and removed if any - NO CHANGE
  • Uninstalled Indesign and Creative cloud - NO CHANGE
  • Signed out from Indesign and creative cloud - NO CHANGE
  • Tried uploading from a different computer - NO CHANGE
  • Tried uploading from a different user - NO CHANGE
  • Tried uploading from a different computer with a different wifi - NO CHANGE

• This has led me to conclude that this isn’t an issue with my computer or internet provider but it is something to do with my Adobe Account and connecting with their server for publish online documents. I have in the past used a VPN which I wonder may have caused this problem in the first place but I have since cleared this from my computer.

I called Adobe and asked them to cancel my account and to set me up a brand new account on another email address, I requested no charges as the problem lies with their servers and the connection to my account. They agreed and kindly refunded my last payment. I set up my new account and it works, problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue currently. I was able to publish the file in question successfully using a different account as well. What is happening to our accounts to make them randomly stop working? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same exact problem and it poked its ugly head out right as I was on deadline for an important project. Couldn't publish a final draft. Client was upset. No solutions in sight. No adobe care avail over the phone (non-business hours.) I came to the same conclusion that i need to make a new adobe id. For the amount they charge for this software... jeez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made a new adobe ID and now it works. If you get error 18 on a publish online THE PROBLEM IS YOUR ADOBE ID. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you. The error 18 generally occurs when there is a connection issue while publishing the file. Here's an article to refer to if anyone experiences an issue with Publish Online in the future. 

Thanks
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines