Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error background PDF

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

somebody can help me to undertsand why I can't export a file Indesign in PDF high rase, in the middle of the working progress it came an error (background error JPG) how can I discover wich immage JPG make a problem? I have 38 pages with 38 immages JPG. Why a program so smart can't tell wich immage is broke.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find which image is causing the problem by using InDesign's Preflight utility and panel.

See Adobe's online help for details about how to use Preflight, develop your own preflight standards, and correct problems. It's a very good tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/preflighting-files-handoff.html

And here's an Adobe tutorial video: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/indesign-live-preflight.html

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also check it in the Links panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugly new core of the forum don't goes through links to my post about half-blade method. Ok, I will re-write to you:

You are have 38 pages, for example. 

1. Do export/print PDF of first half of document (1-19 pages). Let's think that done ok.
  2. Do export/print 20-38 - error
  3. Do 20-29 ok
  4. Do 30-38 error
  5. Do 30-34 error
  6. Do 35-38 ok
  7. Do 30-32 error
  8. Do 33-34 ok
  9. Do 30-31 ok
  10. Do 32 error

Here you find that error on the page 32. 

Check on this bugged page all the images, image links. Usually some png, tif, eps crush InDesign by magic reasons. Convert any raster images from this bugged page to .psd and any vector images to .ai files, re-place them as psd/ai. Save your publication and try it export/print of  PDF again. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and sorry, I don't understand, which kind of error I have to search and correct!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually pdf export fails on some image file like epg, PNG, svg, gif, etc. Find your bugged page. Then you can delete images on this page and find the devil. One page is better than all for search evil, isn't it?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example: you find that without some .epg linked frame export is fine. Re-save epg to ai and place again as this new ai. Am I clear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I get it, I'll explain the situation, I'm working on a plant from the previous year that has undergone corrections, now I check the new images inserted (there are some .png that I'll turn into .psd) though, why didn't it give me problems exporting the file in two parts as you suggested at the beginning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is rhetorical question, I don't have any relationship and any sense why it goes bugged. In most cases it helps. You are not a loser, "miracles" happens. Is moving pages to the new empty file helps?

Another trick for you: save your indd as idml, open idml save as indd, open your new indd that done from idml and try to export to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't work!

at this point I can continue to make the various changes I need to do on the document and when I have to export it: close the document, exit indesign, reopen indesign, open the document, export it to pdf without making changes, once exported the pdf make the changes that I need (often I have to turn off the levels and turn on others to transform a catalog in a price list) save, close, exit indesign and start again as above ... two balls ... (say here in Italy) imagine a catalog + price list for 5 languages!

I also tried to open the idml version with indesign 2019 but it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And other trick for you:

Cut your file into 2, 3 files and do the book. Do your full document export as export from a book. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/exporting-publishing-pdf.html#:~:text=Choose%20File%20%3E%20E....

Please be aware about book feature. You're need to have some skills for sync styles and other things through all documents in a book. 

https://creativepro.com/synchronize-multiple-indesign-documents/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it, I try to export from page 1to 38 and it was ok, i try to export from 39 to 56 and it works, i try to export from 1 to 56 and it doesn't works. 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! How did you do this? (Joke)

Ok, let's try another trick. Do new empty indd and move all the pages from bugged file to this new. Save it. Try export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I did what you said, created a empty document, moved the pages from the old into the new. I replaced the .png files with .psd's, also found some very large images that went beyond the framework of the page, brought them to the edges of the abundance.
Tried exporting everything aaaaand...!?!?!?!
It doesn't work 😭😭😭😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, be happy. 

1) send your package to Adobe support let they break mind with your bug. 

2) do first half pdf and 2nd. You say it that thing is already done. Open Acrobat Pro and merge two files into one. Don't waste your time. 

3) just for fun: give here your package through some Dropbox/yadisk service if it not confidential. Let forum users to try export on their PC's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good idea, How do I share my Dropbox folder with the community?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do prefer yadisk and wasn't use Dropbox few years. 

Ok, help from Dropbox says - 

How do I send or share files from Dropbox?

It’s simple to send or share files from Dropbox with anyone you want – and they don’t even need a Dropbox account. Create a shared link from your Dropbox desktop or mobile app for iOS or Android and share that link via chat, text or email. Anyone with the shared link can view and download the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to 1 to 45

Then 1 to 50

See what works and what doesn't.

You can probably narrow down the page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok! What it happen! First I made a package as a backup in an external disk, than I exported  the document dividing in 4 parts, and never give any problem. 

I tried to export the whole document and strangely everything went well, so I tried to make some changes too and it still did the exports smoothly

I don't know what has changed, the document I worked on is always the same, tomorrow I'll try again and see if the problem has solved itself. Thank you so much for your support, patience and cooperation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> I tried to export the whole document and strangely everything went well, 

I think your PC just wanna some endearment! Are you pat on the back your machine before enabling every every day? )))))

>> and it still did the exports smoothly

Don't forget to do right now a package (it will be your some backup file). 

>> First I made a package 

Are you work now from this new package file? Here the deal! May be some non-on-page "bugged" links die after package and your publication after that start to do full PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And about backup - I do strongly recommend to do periodically copies or use it ready things like Acronis TrueImage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines