• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code: 4 InDesign

New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing my file, and as usual I gave it save with command S, at that moment my InDesing CC 2018 program took me out. When I tried to access my file it gave me error code 4. The file is extremely important, help me to solve it as soon as possible, it is a file that has a delivery date, it is a document with 300 pages worked. Whether trying to restore or reset Indesign preferences, trying to copy the file to a new one, try: File> open> select file> open copy, instead of opening the normal file. I can no longer find more options on the internet, HELP !!! (Sorry for the English, I used the translator.)

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Angie,

The link you provided in your PM to me reveals your file to be over 4 gigabytes in size. That all by itself could be the cause of the problem. You must have embedded many images or other media. Editing a file of that size in InDesign (or any application for that matter), may push your system resources to the brink of crash, and the risk of file corruption, crash or not, is very high. I have strong doubt that anyone here in the forums can offer a solution that will get you back to working

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Angie,

The link you provided in your PM to me reveals your file to be over 4 gigabytes in size. That all by itself could be the cause of the problem. You must have embedded many images or other media. Editing a file of that size in InDesign (or any application for that matter), may push your system resources to the brink of crash, and the risk of file corruption, crash or not, is very high. I have strong doubt that anyone here in the forums can offer a solution that will get you back to working on that file. If you have a backup or earlier version stored somewhwere, I'd advise you to cut your losses, open the older version, and start taking measures to reduce the file size. Link rather than embed, split the file up into multiple sub-files; anything to get it to a more manageable size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The link you provided in your PM"

I got a private message as well. In fact, I got two that were exactly the same except for the user name. Here is the other thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/archivo-con-codigo-de-error-4/m-p/11170508?page=1

F3FE5D9E-14BB-485B-BC22-984EEE828B13.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estaba editando mi archivo, y como de costumbre le di guardar con command S, en ese momento mi programa de InDesing CC 2018 me saco. Cuando intente ingresar a mi archivo me daba codigo de error 4. El archivo es sumamente importante, ayudenme lo antes posible a resolverlo, es un archivo que tengo fecha de entrega, es un documento con 300 paginas trabajadas. Ya intente restaurar o reiniciar las preferencias de Indesign, ya intente copiar el archivo en uno nuevo, ya probe: Indesign>abrir>seleccionar archivo> abrir copia, en lugar de abrir el archivo normal. Ya no encuentro mas opciones en internet, AYUDAAA!!!

I was editing my file, and as usual I gave it save with command S, at that moment my InDesing CC 2018 program took me out. When I tried to access my file it gave me error code 4. The file is extremely important, help me to solve it as soon as possible, it is a file that has a delivery date, it is a document with 300 pages worked. Whether trying to restore or reset Indesign preferences, trying to copy the file to a new one, try: Indesign> open> select file> open copy, instead of opening the normal file. I can no longer find more options on the internet, HELP !!! (Sorry for the English, I used the translator.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help you. Please share your file with idfile@adobe.com
We'll try our best to recover the file. You may also check out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-document-recovery.html for more information about InDesign file recovery.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like the OP posted the exact same message twice, but with different user names, in addition to PMing folks. Here is the other thread.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/error-code-4-indesign/m-p/11198892?page=1#M189762

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines