Error dragging image

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need urgent help.

Every time I drag the image from the desktop to IndDesing, the image is not inserted, and the cursor is locked. When I go to a file and insert the image using the Isere tool, it works, but it wastes time and makes my job very difficult.

I need urgent help. Video below of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-yeulXYU4

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Import and export, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error dragging image

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need urgent help.

Every time I drag the image from the desktop to IndDesing, the image is not inserted, and the cursor is locked. When I go to a file and insert the image using the Isere tool, it works, but it wastes time and makes my job very difficult.

I need urgent help. Video below of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-yeulXYU4

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Import and export, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't take this badly, but you're not going to drag an image from the desktop and put it into your InDesign document.

The File>Place menu command links a full-resolution image to its location within InDesign. It may seem inconvenient, but it's not a waste of time. And frankly, it's the way you want to place a quality image into InDesign. I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but it is an honest and accurate one.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 1
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Estéfani,

from your video I cannot see what kind of image you like to drag to your document.

There is no suffix visible. What kind of file do you like to place? Is the problem just that specific file? Or does that happen with all placeable files? Does it make a difference if you change the folder view to list view? Or to make all suffixes visible in the folder view?

FWIW: Usually placing an image that is placeable and dragging the same image file from the file system to your layout is just the same process. So yes, it should work. Just tested this with a simple tiff image and I was able to place the image to my layout page.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0