• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message when placing PSD layer comps in InDesign

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created Layer Comps in a Photoshop file.  When I file place the psd file into an InDesign document (with show import options checked), I get the following error message:

'Error encountered while reading image. Image may be damaged or incompatible. Resave the image with different settings and try again.'

The psd file contains a number of images and smart objects.  Could color profile differences be the issue?  If I file place the psd file without  'show import options' checked, I can get the psd file placed.  But when I file place the psd file in another section of the InDesign file and select a different layer comp, then all the placed psd files change to the same layer comp.

Please help! 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

No, it is not the color management profile. But it does sound like you are cramming too much variation into one PSD file. Why not change your approach, and make more separate PSD files?

I have seen occasions where the PSD was so heavy, and so filled with smart objects/vector embedded bits, that InDesign struggled to work with it, and more often than not the page would error when trying to print it. 

Keep it simpler where you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it is not the color management profile. But it does sound like you are cramming too much variation into one PSD file. Why not change your approach, and make more separate PSD files?

I have seen occasions where the PSD was so heavy, and so filled with smart objects/vector embedded bits, that InDesign struggled to work with it, and more often than not the page would error when trying to print it. 

Keep it simpler where you can.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines