Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error opening InDesign and Illustrator 2021 on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortuantely I can not use InDesign Version 16.0 on my mac. 😞

To get sure that it has nothing to do with Mohave, I just updated my mac (from the end of 2015) to Catalina 10.15.7 and de- and reinstalled every adobe product. But still, when I would like to open InDesign, there is an error-message and the opening-process is interrupted. My colleague, who has the same mac (same year, same updates) doesn't have any problems. When I use InDesign version 15.1.2 everything's fine.

The same problem comes with Illustrator, but here, it just closes directly after opening (without any message or information).

Photoshop works.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try steps suggested on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-with-ttf-font.html) and let us know if it helps.

If it doesn't, please share logs from your machine using Log Collector Tool. This will help us review the information and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here comes the error message:

Crash Report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Product team is looking into this issue. While it is being worked upon, I'd request installing the previous version(v15.1.2) of the app. Please follow instructions on how to do that on this help article.

Apologies for the inconvenience. We'll get back to you once we have an update.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your crash log suggests you have a corrupt font.

Remove / disable them in groups or one by one until you find the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeaaaahhhh! Thank you a lot for the help and the quick answer! After removing all manual added fonts it finally works!
It seems so have problems with some old fontfiles. Some fonts were installed on the computer and some on my personal account which caused also problems.

THANK YOU! I'm so happy that it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A corrupt font should still not crash InDesign.

Maybe @Ashutosh_Mishra can describe a way how you could pass those on to an interested developer …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

CC updated some of my apps an hour ago now none of them work!!

Using Imac Catalina 10.15.7

Whats going on???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore all preferences and default settings
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try steps suggested on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-with-ttf-font.html) and let us know if it helps.

If it doesn't, please share logs from your machine using Log Collector Tool. This will help us review the information and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines