Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error starting InDesign Server 2020 Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am really hoping someone can help with what feels like a very basic issue?

We have installed IDS 2020 on a fresh vanilla build of Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), its installed fine I have activated it using the Adobe_aptk however no matter how we start the server  we get the following error:

IDS2020 error.png

As soon as you clear the error the IDS starts normally and functions as it should.

If it was a once in a blue moon thing it wouldn't be an issue but we have 10 IDS servers that reboot daily as part of a daily maintenance cycle.

It looks like the error is coming from the InDesignServer.command shell script but can't work out why its failing and generating the error message.

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Ben 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Did you ever get to the bottom of this as I have the same issue and connot find any answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We didn't find a solution but did find a workaround. The error only occurred when you were logged into a user, if you logged out then fired the same command to start via ssh or as a timed execution whilst the mac is at the login window it would start/restart reliably every time.

Hope that helps 

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines