• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when placing mp4

Explorer ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a presentation in Indesign, with the intention of using the 'publish online' feature to share it. Several pages will include video with audio. Client has sent me several mp4 files. Some of these I can place without issue, and I have done a test run of the publish online and they work fine. With others, when I go to place them I get 'Download failed because the URL could not be verified'. I don't understand what the issue is – what's it go to do with a URL when I'm not trying to embed a YouTube/Vimeo video? I have tried googling the specific error message to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appeciated. I talked my client into using the publish online feature by promising them the video would work, and now I can't get it to work!

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Hey, I worked out what the problem was in my case - the folder where the file was had a question mark in it. Worked it out by trying to sync the files to the cloud- file/folder names with '?', '/' and '|' and few other punctuation marks don't allow to sync, and, I assume, that creates broken URL links... Hope that helps you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

the answer for me was removing question marks from the file names

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message is:

Download failed because the URL could not be verified

As I say, I don't really understand how this relates to what I'm doing, as I have the mp4 saved locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh have you managed to work it out?I'm getting the same =/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no... in the end I gave up and embedded the vids from YouTube – client was happy. but I didn't solve the original issue, and obviously no one's offered anything on here. If you get anywhere feel free to share, as I would like to know how to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea it's strange, it's been working fine until today and for some reason a couple of videos are not working even though they're been saved the same way as all others. Glad your client was happy with a workaround, I'll share if I work anything out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks – for me it was the first time trying to create a doc like this, so I hadn't encountered the problem previously. Weird thing is that some of the video files I have did work fine, and I didn't get the error message. But I had no way to tell if there was anything different about those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I worked out what the problem was in my case - the folder where the file was had a question mark in it. Worked it out by trying to sync the files to the cloud- file/folder names with '?', '/' and '|' and few other punctuation marks don't allow to sync, and, I assume, that creates broken URL links... Hope that helps you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you figured it out! Not sure that will solve it for me, as all my videos are in the same location, some work and some don't – and the folder they are in doesn't have any punctuation. However some of the file names are quite long, so maybe I'll try amending theose and see if it helps. Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having problems here, placing mulitple vid files from different locations. Let us know if your issue gets resolved, Matt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the answer for me was removing question marks from the file names

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes – I had # chracters in my file names, took these out and it cleared up the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine had % in it. I suspect any HTML-specific characters may trigger this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your help.

I also had a special character in my folder's name.

Solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I came a similar issue and it was the # symbol in the folder that helpd the mp4 files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines