• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while launching InDesign on macOS: Your previous Adobe InDesign session has yet not terminated

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2020 will not launch I have uninstalled and re installed via the Creative Cloud, same issue.

I am using an iMac retina 5K, 27" late 2015, RAM 24Gb - Catalina OS v 10.15.1

In the 'force quit applications' window is shows Adode InDesign 2020 - Application not responding.  The only option is to 'Force quit'.

I have also tried opening a file created in InDesgn same issue.

HELP

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. Could you please open Activity Monitor and check if there is a process open for InDesign. Try to force quitting it and then relaunch the application.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please contact your local tech support, they will walk you through the steps.

I used in the past a tool called Adobe CC Cleaner. It removes any leftover file or information to make sure that the re-install is like a first-time install. As Catalina and Adobe 2020 ar efully 64-bit, check if your processor has any restrictions on that front on the Apple site or support techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use Cleaner yourself, uninstall InDesign using the drop-down menu the the Creative Cloud app and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2020 15.0.2.323 on macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Went to open InDesign, this morning,  and it crashed on startup. Tried a few more times, no luck. Rebooted Mac and tried again, same result. I tried removing the preferences, but that didn't fix the problem.

Then, I uninstalled from the Creative Cloud app and reinstalled. Tried to launch InDesign and almost immediately got this message:

Error: Your previous Adobe InDesign session has yet not terminated. Please try to launch the application after some time.

I have tried several times over the last eight hours to open InDesign and continue to get the same error  message.

How long is "some time"? Is there any way to end the previous session?

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. Could you please open Activity Monitor and check if there is a process open for InDesign. Try to force quitting it and then relaunch the application.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Restart your computer and then relaunch InDesign. That should solve your "session has not yet terminated" problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines