• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Euclid Symbol Italic font missing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to use a lowercase phi from Euclid Symbol Italic (U+1D711) in inline text as a simple text character. It looks like that:

Well, I cannot show it here, obviously the font is not available here as well.

I do have Euclid Symbol Italic on my PC (Win 7) as it comes with MathType and it shows in all my equations (plenty of them). But InDesign CS4 does not see  this font. (It seems to only have Greek in regular, and not in italic or bold.) By the way, the same character in Times New Roman and many other font families looks different: φ. I would like to have the symbol looking the same in both equations and text. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Jan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know you have to open the Glyphs panel while the cursor is placed in your text. There you have to search for the that symbol.

The problem arises when you do it into a font that does not include it. Several ones are reduced to about 216 (from 256) most common glyphs in a western/latin set.

Thus you have to search in a selected Pro typeface, OpenType fonts that use or include several glyphs more. (Minion pro, Myriad Pro can be your starting points).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same missing text in Acrobat Pro DC which doesn't show the fonts even after installing the font.I have attached the file along with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kanu5ECE:

This is the InDesign forum. Please ask this question on the Acrobat forum. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/bd-p/acrobat?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all&recommende...

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines