• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everything is gone Indesign CS5

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer have in the past had some trouble with indesign opening and it was kraching a lot. Everytime the error code said that it wasn't properly installed so i should try to uninstall and then install again. So i did. AND NOW when i try to open my CS5 files I canĀ“t see anything. It started yesteraday afternoon that I could see all my textboxes, but only the wrong font. So i tried downloading the right font but it didn't want to install. That was my first problem. Then i restarted my computer and all my textboxes and tables i created are gone! The only thing showing is the Illustrator files i imported. If I drag over the table the boxes are there, you just can't see whats in them. Iv'e tried expanding every box and pressing the red + sign, but nothing shows up. Its just empty squares ind diffrent sizes.

I googled for about 2h and then I gave up and went home from work. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Absolutely, I could redo everything but that would take me months to do as it is a big project.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS do you have? ā€“ InDesign CS5 is over 10 years old and will not be compatible with modern operating systems. You probably need to upgrade to InDesign CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update of Windows 10. I had that the first time I installed Indesign, as well as all the other CS5 creative programes. So i don't think it should be any diffrent this time.

Photoshop, Illustrator, adobe pro, Dreamwaver and so on, all of them CS5, works fine without any problems at all šŸ˜•

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to upgrade InDesign  CC (v16) ā€“ try the trial version to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi L0D445,

did you do an update of Windows 10 recently?

Maybe that made your already installed InDesign CS5 incompatible with the operating system.

What's your exact version of Windows 10 today? What was it before the issue started?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Havent been updated since may last year.

Windows 10 Pro version 1909

The thing is first when I installed it i had Windows 7. When I installed it back then i got the message saying that my files are crashing, if i didnt touch them for 10 minutes. So I've always had the problem that it's not working correctly. It got worse over time and thats why I got so annoyed a couple of weeks ago and decided to reinstall it so the error messages would dissapear. I thought that maybe it didnt install correctly.

I reinstalled Illustrator at the same time though and thats working as before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should know that the version of Windows 10 that you have now is not the same as it was when you originally installed CS5. This is because Windows 10 makes auto updates for most users. Most people are unaware that these updates have even happened. Plus the updates do not make allowances for older programs. So it is not unusual for your older version of InDesign to have worked yesterday but today will not work correctly, if at all after a Windows 10 auto update. At this point CS5 which is about 11 years old is completely unsupported for Windows 10. You might try running your Windows in Windows 7 compatibility mode or even get an old used PC from ebay that has Windows 7 on it to install CS5 if you want to keep using that. Otherwise you will have to get a subscription to Creative Cloud and update to InDesign CC 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its strange though that all of my other programs are working without any problems at all and has since start. Indesign is the only one struggling for me. I uninstalled Illustrator at the same time as Indesign and I havent had any problems with that at all?

Also another person in the office downloaded them about a month ago and its been working without any problems at all. She can open all of the files and has the same version as me. Windows 10 Pro 1909.

I dont think its the program not being supported byt the newest update by Windows because then all the people around me would have the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I think its strange though that all of my other programs are working without any problems at all and has since start. Indesign is the only one struggling for me." You might think it strange, but there's nothing at all unusual about some old apps working and some not working. They didn't fail by design, but because of little accidental system changes affecting one small thing - that may bring down the whole house of cards.

"I dont think its the program not being supported byt the newest update by Windows because then all the people around me would have the same problem?"

It's like crossing the road blindfold. Some people may be able to do it for years without any issue, but it still is a very bad idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines