Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel-sheet to indesign

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I'm having difficulties with placing/importing excel-sheets into indesign. I did check the box: 'Show Import Options'. The only result is again and again a pop-up message: "Unable to place the file. There is no filter for this" (Or actually in Dutch: "Kan dit bestand niet plaatsen. Er is geen filter voor de gevraagde bewerking gevonden.").
I've installed the latest version of indesign, i have an up to date computer... Can anybody help me solving this issue?
Regards, Onno

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021
Open it in Excel and re-save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it truly an Excel worksheet or did you save as Excel from a different application such as Google Sheets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Thanks for responding that quick. You're right it was an 'numbers' file originally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,
I checked it... That seems to be the answer. Thank you. An origional-excel-document does work.
So now I have to figure out how to get another file or how to translate it into a readable-one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open it in Excel and re-save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try so. I don't have the Microsoft-software but I'll find a way.
You've realy helped me out here.

(And fully off the record, may I congratulate you on the new president?)
Creative greetings from The Netherlands

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many files do you have? If it's just one, put it in a dropbox folder and share a link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob, That's too nice. But there is no need for that. Thank you.
There will be many more than one files in the upcoming time. I now know the problem and with your solution I can fix it myself... One way or another. As I said, you've realy helped me out.
Let's hope that oneday InDesign and Numbers will fully 'unite'. (Sorry, can't help being happy)

Onno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines