Highlighted

Export a maximum compressed pdf with In Design

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I work on In Design files that I must be able to compress to the maximum (minimum file size) when exporting.
Currently, once the pdf is exported, the compression remains light. To get the minimum file size I have to re-open the pdf and print it with the Adobe pdf printing module by setting "minimum file size", which adds an extra manipulation. With one file it is not a problem, but on 30...
Do you know if it is possible to export an In Design composition with "minimum file size" settings directly from In Design?

Thank you for your help !

Correct answer by Owlet_I_T_ | Community Beginner

J'ai finalement pu régler le problème en jouant sur la compatibilité avec Acrobat 4 qui a permis d'améliorer considérablement la compression, et j'enchaîne maintenant les export 3 fois plus vite, ça fonctionne impeccablement.
Merci pour le tuyaux en tout cas, je ne connaissais pas cette page 🙂

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export a maximum compressed pdf with In Design

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I work on In Design files that I must be able to compress to the maximum (minimum file size) when exporting.
Currently, once the pdf is exported, the compression remains light. To get the minimum file size I have to re-open the pdf and print it with the Adobe pdf printing module by setting "minimum file size", which adds an extra manipulation. With one file it is not a problem, but on 30...
Do you know if it is possible to export an In Design composition with "minimum file size" settings directly from In Design?

Thank you for your help !

Correct answer by Owlet_I_T_ | Community Beginner

J'ai finalement pu régler le problème en jouant sur la compatibilité avec Acrobat 4 qui a permis d'améliorer considérablement la compression, et j'enchaîne maintenant les export 3 fois plus vite, ça fonctionne impeccablement.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What custom settings do you use in InDesign when making the PDF? Please show all of them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this setting (It's the french version)
SCREEN-ADOBE_1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you haven't tried customizing the settings to reduce the file size at all?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I tried, but the settings I tried (resolution of the images in 72dpi in particular) didn't give very good results, I don't master these options very well.
Do you have any settings to advise me?
Here is a screen of the results obtained on the same file: the name of the file corresponds to the compression method.
I should be able to go down to less than 10 MB directly from In Design, without printing a pdf.

SCREEN-ADOBE_2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive wouldn't be the smallest. 

Export to a normal PDF and choose Smallest File Size. 

Click "Compression" in the lefthand side menu.

Downsample each of the images to 72 pixels per inch.

See how that does

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback.
I have just done some new tests:
using this method and reducing the resolution of the images to 72dpi, the size of the exported file did not reduce much. On the other hand, by additionally setting the compatibility to Acrobat 4 (pdf 1.3), the file size is considerably reduced and I get the desired result. And so now it works.

I summarize the method for those who are interested:
Make a normal export of the composition in pdf, select the minimum file size preset, set the resolution of the images to 72dpi everywhere, and set the compatibility on Acrobat 4.
The size of the exported file goes from more than 100mo to only 3mo.

Thank you for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, je dirais que la meilleure façon est de passer faire un tour sur le site abracadrapdf : https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/

Ensuite il suffit de faire lesréglages d'export pdf et de les enregistrer comme parametre prédéfini et ensuite il apparait dans Indesign et aussi dans Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 1
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"and print it with the Adobe pdf printing module"

Il ne faut jamais jamais jamais faire ça.

Pour savoir pourquoi voir :

- https://forum.macbidouille.com/index.php?showtopic=294653&st=0&p=2942330&#entry2942330

- http://www.abracadabrapdf.net/file/Refrying_PDF.pdf

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downsample each of the images to 72 pixels per inch.

Encore une chose à ne jamais jamais jamais faire !

Voir pourquoi :

- https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/ressources-et-tutos/creation/en-finir-avec-la-resolution-des-images/

- https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/ressources-et-tutos/creation/compression-des-images/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"J'ai finalement pu régler le problème en jouant sur la compatibilité avec Acrobat 4"

Je suis surpris, normalement on obtient les meilleurs résultats en montant en version (Acrobat 7) et en utilisant la compression JPEG2000.

Mais OK, ce n'est pas une règle absolue, ça dépend aussi de ce que contient le document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0