Highlighted

Export EPUB (fixed layout) with available one-page and spread view

Participant ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, 

I have created a new 330-page InDesign document, made a master page with a page-filling frame and started importing a PDF so that it would fill the whole page. So far, so good.

When I then go about exporting it as an EPUB I cannot get the result I want because (I tried all available export settings) in the end, the EPUB opens in spread view and it is impossible to get either one or the other view (one-page view or spread-view) on Apple Books. 

Is this because I have spreads set up in the InDesign document? 

In short I would like to get one page view when I hold the iPad in portrait and spread-view when I hold it in landscape. Also, the possibility to zoom in on the page would be greatly appreciated. 

For ToC and bookmarks I would probably make a future post.

Thanks!

TOPICS
EPUB, How to, Import and export, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export EPUB (fixed layout) with available one-page and spread view

Participant ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, 

I have created a new 330-page InDesign document, made a master page with a page-filling frame and started importing a PDF so that it would fill the whole page. So far, so good.

When I then go about exporting it as an EPUB I cannot get the result I want because (I tried all available export settings) in the end, the EPUB opens in spread view and it is impossible to get either one or the other view (one-page view or spread-view) on Apple Books. 

Is this because I have spreads set up in the InDesign document? 

In short I would like to get one page view when I hold the iPad in portrait and spread-view when I hold it in landscape. Also, the possibility to zoom in on the page would be greatly appreciated. 

For ToC and bookmarks I would probably make a future post.

Thanks!

TOPICS
EPUB, How to, Import and export, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this document text-heavy?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a book which has been scanned into a PDF and I would like to get it into EPUB format.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the book is text heavy, it would be better as a Reflowable ePub so that the document could reflow to suit the device and the reader could choose the font size to suit their requirements. You would need to recreate it though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, that would be much better, but I wonder if what I am asking is even remotely possible. 

It seems that, if I remove the spreads, I can never get the two pages to be one next to the other. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0