• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export includes older versions of file

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign 16.1 on a MBP with OS 10.15.7 (Catalina). I've updated a file with newer versions of posters and leaflets and updated the date of publication printed on the poster. when I export the new file to pdf or png, legacy information is included - ie parts of an older version poster (see attached - the bottom 2 leaflets are not supposed to be in this version, and you can see overwriting where I've shuffled leaflets around). They don't show in InDesign (indeed, they aren't there - only the new information is in the current indd file). I thought it was a Acrobat problem, but the png file is the same. Does anyone know what's going on and how I solve it?

Thanks

GraemeEarly Years Pathway poster 0221.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Links, Swatches, …) visible? 

Might there be objects on the Master Page? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Links, Swatches, …) visible? 

Might there be objects on the Master Page? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And there it is on the master page <face palm>. How did  I miss that? (Why even did I do that?! Did I do that?). (These are all rhetorical questions).

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you include Non-Printing Objects when exporting the pdf? 

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 12.43.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I didn't do that. here's the pdf dialogue box.

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 13.04.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your indd as idml, open this idml and save as indd. Then from this new .indd try to do an export to PDF.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Here's what I get when I open the idml file. All the legacy text is there, but I can't touch it. It's not in any layer. I've coloured the 'top copy' that I can edit in yellow. The identical text in white 'doesn't exist'.Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 13.12.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines