• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export multi paged spreads to PDF

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm using InDesign to populate a 2-page form for around 100 clients using data merge.

I have set it up so that each page of the form are together as one spread so when using data merge each spread contains different clients information on the form.

However, when exporting to PDF, it shows the form as one long single page. Is there a way to add a page break or similar so that it exports as one PDF, but that PDF has 2 pages?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Try this:

To keep a single spread together, select a spread in the Pages panel, and then deselect Allow Selected Spread To Shuffle in the Pages panel menu. 

I am not quite sure if a data merge keeps this setting. If it doesn't:

If you have to do it once only export it to an InDesign file and either export it manually or you may try Colin's export script. 

If it is a task you have to do regularly I recommend a tool called MyDataMerge- macOS only but makes data merge so easy to use (and it also allow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want ONE file with 100 times 2-paged spreads OR do you want each data record as separate file with 2-paged spread each?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latter, so each data record as a separate file with a 2 page spread, but when opening the PDF id like it to have 2 separate pages. At the moment the pdf exports as one continuous page. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

To keep a single spread together, select a spread in the Pages panel, and then deselect Allow Selected Spread To Shuffle in the Pages panel menu. 

I am not quite sure if a data merge keeps this setting. If it doesn't:

If you have to do it once only export it to an InDesign file and either export it manually or you may try Colin's export script. 

If it is a task you have to do regularly I recommend a tool called MyDataMerge- macOS only but makes data merge so easy to use (and it also allows you to name single files from the database)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this! I'll give this a go now and I'll definitely check out that tool, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines