• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export PDF as Quickly as Possible

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in how to configure a pdf export preset so it finishes exporting the pdf as quickly as possible. I am working with a website that dynamically creates and serves a pdf from indesign when a user requests it so finishing quickly is much more important than having a compressed file size. The pdfs are mostly one-offs anyways. The issue is that there is a lot of linked art on the documents that is taking a while to load when it exports to pdf. Basically if I could just export without loading the links that would be good. Any other optimizations would be welcome too.

I set pdfExportPreference.includeHyperlinks to false, but I still think it is loading something, so if there is another way to disable this (or even just break all the links in the file so they are not loaded) please let me know.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am very much interested in the answer to this question. I'm testing a system that uses InDesign Server to make print ready artwork. Some files take a while yet others export in a snap with similar dimensions, links, fonts, etc. I bookmarked this page so if I discover any insights, I will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines