• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export PDF result: transformed objects

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a problem with the PDF export out of indd (print pdf). Some of my placed textframes (indd) seems to have another y-position in the exported pdf (have a look at the attached jpgs).

The weekdays in the examples below (in Januar) are a bit too low in the pdf-file...

INDD-Kalender.jpgPDF-Kalender.jpgIf I print into a ps-file and convert this with Distiller (same joboptions used as indd-pdf-export), then the result is perfect.

Does anybody have an explanation and even better a solution?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you experimented with the possibility that the file has a minor corruption? A test would be to export out to IDML, then re-open the IDML as a fresh, clean INDD document. Test to see if the same problem still exists after that.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done the workaround with saving as idml-file. Also I tried creating a new indd-file and copying the objects.
The problem remains the same...
I work with InDesign since version 1.5 and never had such a problem. The most crazy thing is that printing into a ps-file and then distillering into pdf has a perfect result. Therefore I think it’s the pdf-export causing the fault...
Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Since 1.5.2 you had no troubles!) Which PDF export are you exporting to? What about PDFx4?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,
thanks for your answers. I use a self-defined pdf export > based on [PDF/X-3:2002]. I will try some exports with different settings next weeks.

Andreas Bauer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved frames after PDF Export.

Screenshot-InDesign.jpgScreenshot-Export.jpgScreenshot-PDF.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas,

that reminds of a long-standing bug I've already seen with InDesign CS6 or CS5, I think.

And the workaround actually was to print to PostScript and distill a PDF from that.

Hm. Maybe you could achieve the same when exporting to PDF/X-1a, but I'm not sure.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

thanks for your answer.
The workaround with PostScript and Distiller worked well > that’s the way I generated the PDF for print 🙂

Best regards

Andreas Bauer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andreas,

I hope I find the time to do a little research on that bug.

It's been a couple of years that this one was discussed in the old, Jive-driven, Adobe InDesign Forum.

With the new forum not all threads from the old forum were transferred…

I would write a bug report. Make your point very clear. Place an exported PDF page on top of your layout page, set the transparency of the placed PDF to about 50% so one can see the difference in PDF rendering clearly. Provide a link to your sample files. Post the bug report at InDesign User Voice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

When done, please come back and post the link to the report so that everyone reading this here can vote for fixing the issue.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines